There are notable benefits for successful mentoring schemes but many organisations struggle to make them work. Julie Starr explores how fictional teachers can inspire inspiration to prospective mentors.
Internet security expert and MD of Beaming, Sonia Blizzard, discusses the work-life balance element of the cloud, as well as how lives are lived, literally, on the cloud.
Cybercrime is a growing concern for companies of all sizes. With hacking and data breaches now a common occurrence in the business world, HR’s role in cyber security is evolving.
Three common myths about the use of Facebook as a recruitment strategy are put to the test.
Investment in employees has evolved from focusing on benefits and office space to flexible working practices and the prioritisation of individual identities, but what is next for talent management?
The end of compulsory retirement means employers need to be aware of their responsibilities when managing an ageing workforce.
It’s time for businesses to embrace the technology that will help ease their recruitment pains and ensure they remain as profitable and productive as possible.
Cultivating and maintaining a quality company culture requires constant effort and conscientious decision-making. It starts with the example of leadership […]
- Posted on Friday, December 19, 2014 | No CommentsCriminals love Christmas too. Christmas is a hectic period for most industries. With many workplaces and commercial buildings preparing to shut-down for […]
- Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2014 | No CommentsToday, the European Court has ruled that obesity, unlike sex, race or age, is not in itself a characteristic which […]
- Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2014 | No CommentsLondon, UK – 18 December 2014: An analysis on the growth trends in UK employment has been released by Indeed […]
- Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2014 | No CommentsJudgment could see obese individuals getting the same discrimination rights in the workplace as employees who are gay or disabled. […]
- Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2014 | No CommentsFull-time jobs accounted for 95% of the rise in employment over the past year, with private sector employment rising by 637,000.
- Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2014 | 2 CommentsAn online recognition platform has been designed by Red Letter Days for Business to enable all employees to get involved in the campaign and recognise great achievements and behaviour.
- Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2014 | No CommentsLow-budget perks to encourage employee engagement.
- Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2014 | No CommentsHalf of managers believe that candidates are most attracted by wages, yet the main reason for staff moving on is career progression.