The terrorist attacks today on the transport infrastructure in Brussels are a sad reminder that there are still risks to face when traveling to major global cities. The threat from terrorism, as today’s upsetting images from the Belgian capital prove, is real and not going away any time soon.Read More
Nov 23, 2015 | 0 |
Terrorist attacks in Paris have again highlighted how suddenly our sense of normality and security can be shattered by the unexpected. Major incidents send shockwaves through whole networks of people. In this case, there’s the heightened threat of further attacks and violence, of the increased risks from travelling, of day-to-day business.Read More
Jan 7, 2009 | 0 |
In the aftermath of 9/11, Western societies have been under the constant fear of foreigners coming into our country to carry out acts of terrorism. The London bombings of July 7th, 2005 changed the emphasis to a fear of home grown terrorists. This Analysis is explored by Solat Chaudhry, Director of the National Centre for DiversityRead More
Oct 24, 2008 | 0 |
The threat of terrorism and organised crime is leading to large companies finding it necessary to screen all employees, a data quality company says. Systematic screening is likely to be become standard as risk is just as likely...Read More
Forthcoming HR WebinarsClick on a topic to reserve your seat!
Recent HR WebinarsWatch the recordings free. Click on a topic to register.
Recent Comments on Stories
- "Vocational skills will never be equal to academic qualifications unless businesses make it happen." #HRnews… https://t.co/De9ZYvZs3M, Oct 23
- The former leader of the House of Commons, Mel Stride, has said the "dreaded" IR35 tax rule should be abolished.… https://t.co/ExcsUOTCx9, Oct 23
- Yesterday (22nd October 2020), Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced new changes to the Job Support Scheme (JSS) which w… https://t.co/maWDO0kXCY, Oct 23
- Professionals warn that a "perfect storm" is brewing within the employment tribunal system due to rising demand as… https://t.co/HjD6OS1AVS, Oct 23
- Over 80 per cent of talent professionals have stated their belief that virtual recruitment will continue even once… https://t.co/LvSgVBDsui, Oct 22