Citrix today released major updates to its ShareFile app for iPad, designed to provide a collaborative work experience on the go. Today’s advancements enhance the company’s popular file sharing service with new IT control capabilities to ensure the security of company data when accessed from a mobile device and productivity features for users. ShareFile for iPad is available immediately for download from the App Store.
“The needs of our customers are at the forefront of every design choice that we make,” said Jesse Lipson, VP and GM, data sharing, Citrix. “Our customers – from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies – live mobile workstyles and expect it to be easy to store and share their files and content from anywhere. ShareFile for iPad provides a powerful user experience while meeting IT’s mandate for security.”
What Is New
• Intelligent device security policies: New “poison pill” option enables IT to set data expiration policies, plus multiple preferences settings allow IT to decide whether files can be opened in third-party applications or saved offline.
• Enterprise Active Directory integration: ShareFile for iPad connects to Active Directory and SAML enterprise identities for a more seamless and secure user experience.
• Improved auditing and reporting: Enhanced capabilities help IT to track and log user activity.
• Offline access: Advanced options allow users to save files locally for offline access and editing.
• Quickoffice integration: Integration with Quickoffice enables users to edit Microsoft Office documents and save them back to ShareFile.
• Easy access to multiple accounts: Redesigned interface makes it simple to view multiple ShareFile accounts and folders, providing users with easy access to all of their data.
Why It Matters
• As tablet sales soar and more companies embrace mobile workstyles and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trends, employees on the move are demanding easy access to their data.
• Enabling employees to collaborate in real time and share data securely from any device is critical for user and business productivity.
• With Citrix ShareFile, users can store, share and sync data across all their devices. The ShareFile app for iPad enables secure mobile workstyles by providing users with a rich follow-me-data experience while offering IT the management and control needed to ensure sensitive corporate data is secure at all times.
“The ease of use of the ShareFile app for iPad makes adoption quick and easy. Originally, we were using the app just to deliver documents to clients, when we saw great value in using the ShareFile app internally between our multiple offices and with field workers. To further integrate ShareFile into our daily workflow, we purchased iPads for each employee. Field workers can now use the ShareFile app to easily send documents and images back to our engineers, who can then start working on a solution for our clients. The mobility of the iPad, coupled with the ShareFile app, has become an integral part of our design-to-build process.”
Customer, Eric Robb, sr. project engineer at Babington Technology
“Today, 27% of companies support the iPad, and another 31% report plans to support or interest in supporting the iPad, not to mention the additional 23% that report employee interest despite a lack of IT interest. Apple’s rise in the enterprise is driven in part by personal choice and enthusiasm among info workers. This empowerment of the individual and his personal technology brought in from home will shift vendor energy from formal bring-your-own-PC (BYOPC) programs to broader bring-your-own-device (BYOD) programs, instigated by employees, that create access and consistency for documents and applications across mobile devices and PCs.”