Last night’s General Election has seen a harrowing night for Labour and the Liberal Democrats, with the Conservative Party set to win a majority in Westminster and the Scottish National Party (SNP) sweeping most of the seats in Scotland.
After the polls closed across the country at 10pm last night, exit polling forecast the Conservatives would be the largest party but would be some ten seats short of a majority of 326 seats. However, with just a few seats still to be declared, the Conservatives now look set to win 329 seats and have already secured 321, meaning that David Cameron will once again be Prime Minister.
In Scotland, the SNP have had a remarkable night, winning 56 of the nation’s 59 seats, including the defeat of Labour campaign chief Douglas Alexander by 20-year-old university student Mhaire Black.
On June 2, InsideHR returns for a live webinar debate that will delve into the post election aftermath and what a Conservative majority government will mean for UK workplaces, employment law, employee wellbeing and much more. Our expert panel will unravel the policies and examine their likely impact on HR departments across the country, whilst also answering live questions from viewers.
The webinar will be produced in partnership with HRreview, My Family Care, Hogan Lovells and Symposium.
To find out more and register, click here.
- James Marsh: Government plans to boost apprenticeships must focus on quality, not just quantity - Wednesday, November 11, 2015
- HRreview’s focus week on workplace wellbeing and stress begins! - Monday, September 28, 2015
- National Living Wage will not mean job losses in London - Monday, September 21, 2015
- Mixed reaction to latest ONS employment figures - Wednesday, September 16, 2015
- Debate on Trade Union Bill opens in Parliament - Tuesday, September 15, 2015
- War of words between GMB and CBI over Living Wage impact - Wednesday, September 9, 2015
- Proposals on strike laws are a response to yesterday’s problems, says CIPD - Wednesday, September 9, 2015
- London HR networking group to host first Manchester event - Monday, September 7, 2015
- Infographic: The benefits of a diverse workforce - Monday, September 7, 2015
- Better corporate reporting to put brighter spotlight on gender pay gap, says NAFP - Friday, September 4, 2015