Last time we looked at how best to use our electronic devices at work. But there is also something to be said for how we use them outside work. Not only for our general life balance but also because that balance in itself will affect how efficient we can be at work. Our brain can only take so much as we have emphasized over the past months.Read More
Author: Florence Parot
We are all aware of the prowess of technology and how all those little gadgets we love so much are helping us save time and be more productive… but are they really?Read More
Have you ever found yourself thinking the kettle was taking way too much time to boil or the traffic lights were too slow in turning green? We are getting used to having everything on the spot, no waiting, no delaying, even one second, we want instant everything. It does feel sometimes as if we are approaching the limit of what is humanly possible to bear as far as life « speed » is concerned.Read More
Wellbeing at work is still seen by many as a “soft” theme with underlying tones of health and safety and boxes to be ticked.Read More
Another good idea to implement during the day is mindful working. Now, I can hear you say “yeah yeah yeah…, have heard about that, not my cup of tea…”. I have even heard from some of you who have been lucky enough to get some mindfulness sessions at work that it is all fine and good in the session, quite enjoyable actually, but that you do not have a clue what to do with it back at your desk. Now, mindful working and mindful living generally are just one small aspect of what we teach in Sophrology but for us it is really all about how to make it work in a practical way.Read More
Forthcoming HR WebinarsClick on a topic to reserve your seat!
Recent HR WebinarsWatch the recordings free. Click on a topic to register.
Recent Comments on Stories
- Research shows that just over half of employers think that their workforce are aware of and understand all the bene… https://t.co/xzWKfIo2IU, 12 hours ago
- Have you experienced feelings of burnout due to work? #HRreview, 13 hours ago
- As the furlough scheme is in its last week of operation, soon to be replaced by the Job Support Scheme, research fi… https://t.co/PLOxchRXEj, 13 hours ago
- "Vocational skills will never be equal to academic qualifications unless businesses make it happen." #HRnews… https://t.co/De9ZYvZs3M, Oct 23
- The former leader of the House of Commons, Mel Stride, has said the "dreaded" IR35 tax rule should be abolished.… https://t.co/ExcsUOTCx9, Oct 23