The government has announced another additional bank holiday, this time to commemorate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. Tuesday 5th June 2012 will be a bank holiday and the late May bank holiday will be moved to Monday 4 June 2012.
The Bribery Act 2010 came into force on 1 July 2011. It will create a corporate offence of failure to prevent bribery by those working on behalf of a business unless adequate procedures are in place to prevent bribery. Penalties include an unlimited fine and up to 10 years’ imprisonment and so now is the time for directors to get to grips with the legislation and to implement their anti-bribery policy.
The Equality Act 2010 introduces a single public sector equality duty for those operating in the public sector from 1 July 2011. Public authorities will have until 31 December 2011 to publish information to show compliance and until 6 April 2012 to publish equality objectives.
- Jemma Pugh and Susan Evans: When the ‘Harlem Shake’ cause a stir - Tuesday, March 26, 2013
- Susan Evans: What can you do if one of your employees does a ‘Tevez’? - Thursday, October 20, 2011
- Susan Evans: All change - Monday, July 11, 2011
- Sue Evans: Top tips for women in business - Thursday, May 19, 2011
- Sue Evans: The time is up for default retirement - Monday, April 18, 2011
- Susan Evans: The Royal Wedding Public Holiday – Implications for Employers - Thursday, March 31, 2011
- Susan Evans: When does banter become sexism - Thursday, March 31, 2011