As employers are finding it hard to fill Science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) roles with female graduates, a graduate recruitment site has given tips on how businesses can attract more women to their roles.
Milkround and Universum a global employer branding company have given advice on the top ten ways in which companies can attract a more diverse workforce.
- Offer professional training and development, female STEM graduates require clear professional training and development opportunities from their future employers
- Be innovative, innovation is attractive to both STEM women and STEM men. It’s a very gender-equal trait
- Have a creative and dynamic work environment, female STEM graduates want to work for someone who promotes people to pitch in
- Provide a high earnings future, highlighting stories about how employees have succeeded, developed and taken on more responsibility in their roles
- Make sure your work environment is friendly, try to buddy up new employees joining a company
- A good reference for a future career, highlight how your company helped or supported alumni in achieving success
- Do you have a clear path for advancement, if a graduate can see and understand that there is a clear way forward for success in a company, they will choose you
- Opportunities for international travel and relocation, it’s well worth your time to raise awareness about the different international offices you have and to further emphasise the opportunities that are available for employees to work in other countries
- Embrace new technologies, offer employees the most advanced work tools
- Leaders who will support their development, leaders that support development is a great thing, proving that your company can provide a clear path for advancement.