Everyone’s met someone with a slightly off-kilter job title. If you’ve been to Subway then you’ll have been served by a ‘sandwich artist’. I once met a certain ‘Mighty Eagle’ from Rovio Entertainment, the developers behind popular mobile game Angry Birds. The term ‘dinner lady’ can be replaced by ‘education centre nourishment consultant’. Journalist? No thanks. How about ‘original digital content executive’?
Mark Wilkinson, co-founder of Coburg Banks, laid out his top 50 weirdest job titles back in November 2014 and we’ve compiled a selection for you here. Wilkinson points out that many of these individuals come from the marketing sector. Well, if you can’t market yourself…
Top 19 strangest job titles
1. Beverage Dissemination Officer – Bartender
2. Chick Sexer – Someone who determines the sex of chickens
3. Digital Overlord – Website Manager
4. Retail Jedi – Shop Assistant
5. Wizard of Light Bulb Moments – Marketing Director
6. Chief Chatter – Call Centre Manager
7. Dream Alchemist – Head of Creative
8. Marketing Rock Star – Marketing Executive
9. Space Travel Agent – The job title of Craig Curran, an accredited travel agent for space tourism provider Virgin Galactic
10. Pneumatic device and machine optimiser – Factory Worker
11. Chief Inspiration Officer – The role of the CIO is to inspire belief in the company
12. Patron Saint of Academic Studying – A graduate?
13. Oyster Floater – Someone who floats oysters in water to rid them of impurities
14. Grand Master of Underlings – This Deputy Manager is probably quite into epic fantasy
15. Sales Ninja – Sales Executive
16. Conversation Architect – Digital Marketing Manager
17. Master Handshaker – ?
18. Happiness Advocate – ?
19. Hyphenated–specialist – ? (Must be a joke…)
See the rest in Mark Wilkinson’s original blog post.
Read more on HRreview: HR workers reveal career priorities
Did Mark miss any weird and wonderful job titles that you’ve come across? Let us know in the comments.