It has been announced what professions fall under “key workers” and whose children will still be attending schools following there shutdown after the spread of COVID-19.
The Department for Education published the list of “key workers” on the 19/03/20. They are:
- Health and social care staff
- Teaching staff, nursery staff and social workers
- People working in vital public services
- Government workers in local or national administrations
- Food production and processing workers
- Transport workers
- Utilities workers
- Postal workers, key telecommunications staff and bank workers
The Department for Education said:
If your work is critical to the Covid-19 response, or you work in one of the critical sectors listed below, and you cannot keep your child safe at home then your children will be prioritised for education provision.
Vulnerable children will also be able to still attend school, such as those who have social workers, or with education, health and care plans.