Companies increasingly operate internationally and have communications needs across borders. A number of factors hamper effective communication skills development and research reveals that this is less about technical issues and more about human factors.Read More
Tag: Language skills
Aug 20, 2015 | 0 |
Falling numbers of GCSE and A-Level language students are bad news for recruitment and a serious concern for big business, according to language training experts at Crown World Mobility.Read More
Aug 14, 2015 | 0 |
Members of staff in customer-facing roles whose standard of English falls below the equivalent of GCSE grade C could be given more time to improve their skills can use an Earn and Learn scheme to help retain their jobs.Read More
Aug 3, 2015 | 0 |
New legislation requiring all public sector employees who work with the public to speak fluent English will be introduced in September, cabinet office minister Matt Hancock announced today.Read More
Forthcoming HR WebinarsClick on a topic to reserve your seat!
Recent HR WebinarsWatch the recordings free. Click on a topic to register.
Recent Comments on Stories
- "Vocational skills will never be equal to academic qualifications unless businesses make it happen." #HRnews… https://t.co/De9ZYvZs3M, 21 hours ago
- The former leader of the House of Commons, Mel Stride, has said the "dreaded" IR35 tax rule should be abolished.… https://t.co/ExcsUOTCx9, 22 hours ago
- Yesterday (22nd October 2020), Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced new changes to the Job Support Scheme (JSS) which w… https://t.co/maWDO0kXCY, 23 hours ago
- Professionals warn that a "perfect storm" is brewing within the employment tribunal system due to rising demand as… https://t.co/HjD6OS1AVS, Oct 23
- Over 80 per cent of talent professionals have stated their belief that virtual recruitment will continue even once… https://t.co/LvSgVBDsui, Oct 22