Other workplace measures mentioned by health officials include stand-up meetings, making staircases more attractive than lifts and telling workers to take a break and take a walk.Read More
Nov 7, 2018 | 0 |
Employees call for radical new approach with almost half of workers (49 per cent) wanting a yoga and meditation room and exercise facilities (50 per cent) to help tackle workplace stress.Read More
Apr 27, 2016 | 0 |
A new survey carried out by benefits provider Edenred shows that six in ten employees would consider cycling to work if they had better support from their employer. A key barrier to commuting by bike is the lack of basic facilties in the workplace, such as somewhere to change, acces to a hairdryer or a place to keep their bike safely.Read More
Jun 30, 2015 | 0 |
More than one in three office workers are too busy to take time out for health and wellbeing activities that could benefit them now and in later life, according to new research by Age UK and Bupa.Read More
Nov 24, 2014 | 2 |
Exercise causes an overall work performance boost of about 15%, according to Leeds Metropolitan University and employees who exercised got more done at work, had a greater work capacity, and were sick less often.
The only problem? Employers aren’t keen to use work hours to allow employees to exercise. Should they? Ratna Singh looks at both sides of the debate to find the solution that best benefits businesses and their employees.Read More
Forthcoming HR WebinarsClick on a topic to reserve your seat!
Recent HR WebinarsWatch the recordings free. Click on a topic to register.
Recent Comments on Stories
- As many as one in every three apprentices have learning difficulties or disabilities, many of whom have not yet bee… https://t.co/1ImLl4WJKS, 5 hours ago
- HRreview asks experts what they think of the acronym #BAME, #inclusion in the workplace and how #diversity can prog… https://t.co/PYUvCsfynl, 6 hours ago
- Research showed that over seven in 10 Black employees felt they had faced barriers in recruitment which was twice a… https://t.co/joiuIRjQ9U, Oct 27
- RT @AsterGroupUK: Vocational skills will never be equal to academic qualifications unless businesses make it happen, says… https://t.co/fv47UswFKO, Oct 27
- New research shows the damaging effects COVID-19 has had on disabled employees with over seven in 10 being impacted… https://t.co/Wv2xsIeqIf, Oct 27