Academic qualifications have been becoming less of a priority in graduate recruitment for some time, with two thirds of employers saying work experience is more important for assessing skills and potential.Read More
Over half of parents (53%) report that they will have the biggest influence on their child’s next steps, yet most aren’t fully aware of the range of options for school leavers beyond university, new research shows.Read More
Over 30 businesses and 12,000 young people have joined the ‘WE can’ campaign to provide opportunities and practical advice on securing work placements, including how to make the most of the experience.Read More
Workplace advisory service Acas have launched new free guidance on UN International Youth Day to help businesses know the special rules that apply when employing young workers.Read More
Dec 16, 2013 | 1 |
When it comes to language in business Chinese is important, but forgetting our European neighbours...Read More
Aug 13, 2012 | 0 |
Interest in school leaver entry schemes at professional services firm PwC has risen to five times...Read More
Forthcoming HR WebinarsClick on a topic to reserve your seat!
Recent HR WebinarsWatch the recordings free. Click on a topic to register.
Recent Comments on Stories
- Research showed that over seven in 10 Black employees felt they had faced barriers in recruitment which was twice a… https://t.co/joiuIRjQ9U, 14 hours ago
- RT @AsterGroupUK: Vocational skills will never be equal to academic qualifications unless businesses make it happen, says… https://t.co/fv47UswFKO, 16 hours ago
- New research shows the damaging effects COVID-19 has had on disabled employees with over seven in 10 being impacted… https://t.co/Wv2xsIeqIf, 16 hours ago
- Research shows that just over half of employers think that their workforce are aware of and understand all the bene… https://t.co/xzWKfIo2IU, Oct 26
- Have you experienced feelings of burnout due to work? #HRreview, Oct 26