If you’re an Olympian, yes – this works – because the goal (aka medal) is the only thing that matters. It wont necessarily be the most successful approach if the best outcome is a little more complicated, which is perhaps the case for business leaders.Read More
Special Edition: 2016 Talent
“To build or buy talent?” is a question that many companies ask themselves when assessing the merits of either
training their own people and investing in their development throughout their careers, or alternatively, hiring ready-made professionals from competitors.
Small businesses and large organisations can definitely learn from one another when reviewing their talent pool.
How do you go about retaining it and keeping everyone engaged along the way? And how do small businesses manage it without large budgets and HR teams in place to make it happen?
At Servest, we spend a lot of time talking about talent management; debating how we can find, nurture and retain the individuals that will essentially better our business. For us, it’s not about tick boxes or ‘processes for processes sake’. It’s about identifying the people that will make a positive difference to the Group – and you can only do that by looking and, ultimately, “seeing” who’s out there, and by having those candid conversations.Read More
Mentoring is a buzz word on the tip of everyone’s tongue. Organisations are benefiting from the knowledge transfer, leadership development and advanced on-boarding alternative that one to one mentoring provides. This increased interest raises the question: what sort of return are these large organisations receiving from installing mentoring into their corporate structure?Read More
Recent Comments on Stories
- Around a quarter of remote working employees are planning to move companies #HRnews #EmployeeEngagement… https://t.co/oCI9h9C1Kg, 19 hours ago
- Working from home causes security concerns for UK businesses @PrivacyHelperUK #HRnews #cybersecurity #data… https://t.co/laXhjOT4jj, 22 hours ago
- Coronavirus leaves 7 in every 10 bosses struggling with poor mental health #HR #mentalhealth #employer… https://t.co/LlRkS9TZOc, 23 hours ago
- Mid-September saw the largest number of job postings since lockdown #HRnews #lockdown #REC #remoteworking… https://t.co/jg4yzEKJmT, Sep 25
- Chancellor announces Job Support Scheme as furlough system winds down #COVID19 #Furlough #HRnews #JobSupportScheme… https://t.co/KAcEiukOAz, Sep 24