Lord O’Neill of Gatley, commercial secretary to the Treasury and Small Business, Industry and Enterprise Minister Anna Soubry were recently quizzed by the the House of Commons Business, Innovation and Skills Select Committee over how to maintain the quality of apprenticeships.Read More
Special Edition: 2015
On Friday (21 August) Prime Minister David Cameron outlined the Government plans to increase the...Read More
Whilst the focus of apprenticeships has mainly been on young people leaving school, Barclays have implemented an apprenticeship scheme that targets the older generation. Mike Thompson explains why organisations may be missing out on key skills…Read More
Prime Minister, David Cameron, has outlined a pencil-sketch vision of an educational future in which all post-16 students either take on an apprenticeship or go to university university. Mr Cameron told an audience at the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) annual conference that he wanted to see “either apprenticeships or universities for almost everybody”.Read More
HRreview is this week taking an in-depth look at apprenticeships. With the cost of university increasing dramatically, potential students are considering other options before committing to the cost of a university education. Apprenticeships are high on the agenda of both the government and private business, with the Prime Minister, David Cameron, pledging that the country will have three million new apprenticeships by 2020.Read More
Forthcoming HR WebinarsClick on a topic to reserve your seat!
Recent HR WebinarsWatch the recordings free. Click on a topic to register.
Recent Comments on Stories
- As many as one in every three apprentices have learning difficulties or disabilities, many of whom have not yet bee… https://t.co/1ImLl4WJKS, 16 hours ago
- HRreview asks experts what they think of the acronym #BAME, #inclusion in the workplace and how #diversity can prog… https://t.co/PYUvCsfynl, 18 hours ago
- Research showed that over seven in 10 Black employees felt they had faced barriers in recruitment which was twice a… https://t.co/joiuIRjQ9U, Oct 27
- RT @AsterGroupUK: Vocational skills will never be equal to academic qualifications unless businesses make it happen, says… https://t.co/fv47UswFKO, Oct 27
- New research shows the damaging effects COVID-19 has had on disabled employees with over seven in 10 being impacted… https://t.co/Wv2xsIeqIf, Oct 27