By 2025, the biggest age group of employees is likely to be the over 50’s. People over 50 now make up nearly one-third (31%) of the entire UK workforce (up from 21% in the early 1990s*) and if growth continues at the current rate, will be the dominant group by 2025.
Now, more than ever, employers need to consider how we can address the issues and opportunities for older workers and the wider workforce. Just as enabling work+parenting has become a hygiene factor for employers, it’s now imperative to address work+carers.
The 50+ group often includes your senior talent and keepers of core knowledge and relationships. There are many further factors combining to make this a group worthy of some forward-planning: the baby boomer population bulge, increased longevity, more fluid retirement ages, more involved grandparents and changes to pensions (particularly for women). But whatever the reasons, the burning platform for employers is clear.
In this webinar, we’ll be sharing our experts’ experiences and opinions and showcasing best practice for employers.
Host and HR professional James Marsh will be joined by a range of employers, commentators and experts including Jennifer Liston-Smith, Director, Head of Coaching and Consultancy of My Family Care, and Deborah Richards, Diversity and Inclusion Leader at IBM. Deborah will share insights into how multiple diversity award winner, IBM approaches supporting carers in the workplace. Jennifer will be bringing a very broad perspective on the challenges for employers, and insights gained through her work with employers of different sizes and sectors.
Also joining the discussion will be Daniel Pike, Co-Founder of Supercarers and Caroline Waters OBE, Vice President of Carers UK. Daniel will provide an overview of the changing landscape of care and do some future-gazing on the work and care front, and Caroline will be sharing her experiences of what works in supporting carers in the workplace including the award winning Carer’s Passport scheme developed at BT.
* ONS figures
Register for this free webinar before 11:00am on 28th June 2018 to listen live.
Take part in the hottest debates with top HR professionals
There are many changes and continuing challenges within the vast field of Human Resources. How informed are you on the current situation? Whats your view?
Get involved in a live debate on the latest trends and innovations. We host top speakers on the most prominent subjects in the industry.
You voice your ideas, vote in polls and inform yourself with the latest news. With this you will be able to implement effective practical solutions and help deliver top performance for your workforce.
- The Future of Talent Acquisition – 04/04/19 - Thursday, April 4, 2019
- How AI is changing talent assessment – 21/02/2019 - Saturday, December 8, 2018
- Why it pays to be family friendly: how leading employers make work+family work – 14/02/2019 - Thursday, December 6, 2018
- Leading Digital Transformation in HR: are you ready? 17/01/2019 - Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- Recognition & Engagement: get set for success in 2019 13/12/2018 - Tuesday, December 4, 2018
- Gender Pay Gap: where are we now? – 30/04/2019 - Sunday, December 2, 2018
- Upskilling talent for the modern workforce – 09/05/19 - Sunday, December 2, 2018
- The Parent Transition: the latest on Policy, Practice and Benefits – 23/05/2019 - Saturday, December 1, 2018
- Digital Readiness in HR: Survey Results – 13/06/19 - Saturday, December 1, 2018
- Gender Pay Gap Reporting 2019: Business as usual? 29/11/18 - Tuesday, August 7, 2018