With the global workplace in a fractious state for the last 12 months, many companies transitioned employees to working from home. This created new challenges for HR leaders from providing clear guidance to reinforcing HR policies.
To add further complexity to the situation, Government figures reveal that the existing digital skills gap saw the UK lose out on £63 billion in 2016-2017 alone with evidence showing that the skills gap continues to widen.
It's clear that many organisations do not have all of the right skills to fill the continually shifting demands they face today. With increased digitalisation across even traditional sectors, the pressure is on organisations to actively address the challenge both now and post-pandemic.
So, what can organisations do to address and close the skills gap?
Register now to hear expert advice from Skillsoft’s Area VP for EMEA, insights from the CEO of The Fosway Group, alongside special guest pharmaceutical giant, AstraZeneca where they will discuss:
• The breadth and depth of the challenge ahead
• How to identify the roles and individuals who can be reskilled and repurposed
• The importance of communication between HR, L&D and business leaders
• How to plan your skills strategy to suit your business
• How to scale and optimise your L&D function
- James Marsh, HR Manager at Planet Organic and former Editor of HRreview
- Agata Nowakowska, Skillsoft
- David Wilson, Fosway Group
- Caroline Ford, AstraZeneca
Take part in the hottest debates with top HR professionals
There are many changes and continuing challenges within the vast field of Human Resources. How informed are you on the current situation? Whats your view?
Get involved in a live debate on the latest trends and innovations. We host top speakers on the most prominent subjects in the industry.
You voice your ideas, vote in polls and inform yourself with the latest news. With this you will be able to implement effective practical solutions and help deliver top performance for your workforce.