Fashion, technology and royalty dominate LinkedIn’s most-viewed jobs of 2018, with the royal household taking the jobseeker’s crown.
In a year that saw royal births and marriages dominate the headlines, LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network with 26 million plus members in the UK, has revealed that the most-viewed jobs of 2018 have mirrored the news agenda. Between them, these top 25 jobs received over 900K views on LinkedIn.
Three of the most-viewed jobs of 2018, including the number two spot, involve working closely with the royal family, as a Communications Assistant (no.2), Private Secretary to Her Royal Highness, Princess Anne (no.10) and Communications Officer (no.24).
With over 70,000 views, the most-viewed job is for a role at Boston Consulting Group. The organisation is frequently featured in “best places to work” lists, and was ranked at number ten in LinkedIn’s Top Companies 2018, which could reflect the importance that jobseekers are placing on workplace culture.
Meanwhile, traditionally well-paid roles in finance and property are joined this year by jobs with more of a lifestyle focus, such as the Travel Content Producer for MTV and Social Media trainee for Jo Malone.
Other companies featured on the list include Chanel and Barclays, who are looking to the future and offering e-business and software developer roles.
Darain Faraz, Careers Expert at LinkedIn, said,
Every year we love seeing the breadth of jobs that are piquing the interest of the Great British public – and this year is no different. From the royal family to Chanel, and Jo Malone to Barclays, job-seekers across the UK are turning to their LinkedIn community to search for their next career move. It’s interesting to see more of a focus on technology this year, with roles such as Java Developer and Data Scientist sitting alongside the more “traditional” professions such as architect and analyst.
In order of ranking, the top 25 most-viewed jobs of 2018 are…
1. Management Consultant at The Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
2. Communications Assistant at The Royal Household
3. Data Scientist at Oracle
4. Java Developer at Barclays
5. Junior/Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer at Robinson Associates (Consulting Engineers) Ltd
6. Architect at Foster + Partners
7. Graduate business development at GQR Global Markets
8. Private Secretary to HRH The Princess Royal at The Royal Household
9. MTV Travel Content Producer at MTV
10. Jo Malone Global Social Media Trainee at The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
11. Junior Trader at Mondrian Alpha Recruitment Solutions
12. Chief Operating Officer at JD & Co.
13. Graduate Events Assistant at Capital Events Marketing
14. Junior Trader Development Programme at Onyx Commodities
15. Junior Operations at PETRONAS
16. Graduate Consultant Programme at Oracle
17. Clinical Research Associate at Medpace
18. Fashion Marketing & CRM Executive at CHANEL
19. Freelance content writer at BrandMade Srl
20. Global Finance Analyst at HSBC
21. Administrative and Office Assistant at HBO
22. Astronaut Readiness Project Manager at Virgin Galactic
23. International General Manager at JD & Co.
24. Communications Officer at The Royal Household
25. Property Investment Consultant at deVere Group
Interested into making your advertised roles as desirable? Join us at our Future of Work Summit 2019 to find out more.
Aphrodite is a creative writer and editor specialising in publishing and communications. She is passionate about undertaking projects in diverse sectors. She has written and edited copy for media as varied as social enterprise, art, fashion and education. She is at her most happy owning a project from its very conception, focusing on the client and project research in the first instance, and working closely with CEOs and Directors throughout the consultation process. Much of her work has focused on rebranding; messaging and tone of voice is one of her expertise, as is a distinctively unique writing style in my most of her creative projects. Her work is always driven by the versatility of language to galvanise image and to change perception, as it is by inspiring and being inspired by the wondrous diversity of people with whom paths she crosses cross!
Aphrodite has had a variety of high profile industry clients as a freelancer, and previously worked for a number of years as an Editor and Journalist for Prospects.ac.uk.
Aphrodite is also a professional painter.