Workday, Inc. a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced that Rolls-Royce plc, the global power systems company, has selected Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), including Workday Time Tracking. With Workday, Rolls-Royce will move its HR operations to the cloud, streamlining global operations, modernising talent management, and creating greater visibility into its workforce.
Rolls-Royce’s vision is to create better power for a changing world via two main business segments, Aerospace and Marine and Industrial Power Systems (MIPS). These business segments address markets with two strong technology platforms, gas turbines and reciprocating engines, for use on land, at sea, and in the air. Employing over 55,000 people in 45 countries, Rolls-Royce needed an HR system that could support future business plans. By moving HR to the Workday cloud, Rolls-Royce will gain the agility and speed it needs to support continued growth and the ability to access and analyse real-time workforce data for better decision making.
Workday HCM will also enable Rolls-Royce to:
- Standardise HR processes worldwide, streamlining operations to create greater efficiencies and productivity throughout the business.
- Configure business processes within minutes, such as organisation workflows, and change them easily when needed.
- Gain deeper insights into its workforce that will enable managers to better measure performance, recognise top talent, and align skill sets with roles.
- Access analytics that can help drive hiring and sourcing decisions, such as cost, current and project capacity, and capability gaps across different geographies and business structures.
- Empower employees with greater self-service capabilities, enabling them to access information and perform tasks on an intuitive and easy-to-use HR application from mobile devices and desktops.
Comment on the news
“Rolls-Royce is a world leader in technology with a global workforce made up of broad skill sets needed to build some of the most powerful systems available,” said Chano Fernandez, president, EMEA, Workday. “With Workday HCM, Rolls-Royce will gain greater visibility into its workforce with insights that can help inform planning and decision making, while giving employees greater self-service capabilities.”