– Compare your earnings with average regional salaries
– Biggest salary rise (2.6%) over 2012 for Senior Project Coordinators
– More than two fifths (42%) of HR directors are more willing to negotiate salaries
OfficeTeam UK, a leading recruitment agency specialising in administrative staffing, today announces the launch of its 2013 Salary Calculator for the administrative and secretarial industry.
By providing salary ranges across more than 20 administrative, secretarial and office management positions, the online calculator aims to help workers instantly access and understand how their salaries match up with average salaries in their local job area. The calculator also provides the percentage change for each role in the last 12 months drawn from the OfficeTeam 2013 Salary Guide and links through to the latest job vacancies.
Earlier findings from OfficeTeam UK has highlighted the value of the survey for employees looking for a pay rise or when negotiating a salary in an interview. Over half (54%) of HR directors say it is common place to lose an employee due to not meeting salary expectations and more than two fifths (42%) are more willing to negotiate salaries compared with one year ago.
Phil Sheridan, Managing Director of OfficeTeam UK said: “We are pleased to announce the launch of the OfficeTeam salary calculator. The calculator will bring a number of benefits to employees and jobseekers. In just a few clicks, jobseekers can quickly compare roles in their current location or neighbouring regions to see how pay fluctuates. This will also assist those considering a career move to understand which skills and roles are in demand and how this affects the salary they could be earning.
“Our research shows that growth may be on the cards this year with 68% of HR directors saying that they’re confident in the growth of their companies for the year. This is great news for those looking to move as any increase in business optimism will be reflected in the recruitment of new staff.”
The salary calculator uses information collected from various sources including:
– Independent research conducted amongst UK executives
– Information from Office of National Statistics and HM Revenue & Customs.
– Temporary placements made through OfficeTeam UK branches across the country
– Insight from senior OfficeTeam UK recruitment managers
– OfficeTeam UK analysis of current and future hiring trends