Iceland Frozen Foods Ltd, the UK frozen food retailer which operates 700 stores and employs 18,000 people across the United Kingdom has selected the Jobtrain e-recruitment system to handle recruitment across its UK operation.
Jobtrain Solutions has been working with Iceland, to implement the Jobtrain candidate management solution to provide a more efficient and professional recruitment process. The system is also being used as a key tool to support their extensive new store opening programme, following the acquisition of 51 Woolworths stores in January of this year. 3,000 new vacancies have been created, with the Jobtrain system handling over 30,000 applications from interested candidates in the first 4 weeks alone.
Improved candidate experience and recruitment management across the UK
Like many businesses, Iceland had managed candidate applications and recruitment activity across their UK operation via email. This process had become an administrative burden for both the resourcing team and Area HR managers alike.
Iceland recognised that a candidate management system could help them to manage their resourcing activity more efficiently whilst at the same time providing a more professional candidate experience when applying for opportunities with Iceland.
Iceland had the following objectives:
- Provide candidates with a more structured, informative and professional way of accessing information about opportunities and applying to Iceland online.
- Use scored online assessment within the application process to enable the team to focus on the most promising candidates, whilst at the same time ensuring unsuccessful candidates were informed promptly and professionally.
- Maximise candidate referrals and better manage candidates’ speculative interest in opportunities within the business.
- Smoother management of recruitment campaigns across their stores, through more effective communication with colleagues and candidates.
- Establish talent pools of candidates to assist in more proactive recruitment and improved relationships and communication with applicants.
- Report on all aspects of their recruitment activity including, campaign progress, lead times, advertising performance and equal opportunities monitoring.