The top organisations for people management practice in the UK have been announced this week at the first Investors in People Awards. The winners, comprising 14 companies and individuals from across the UK, were announced at a ceremony held at the Investors in People Gold accredited Landmark Hotel on 23 June, hosted by Hugh Dennis.
The Awards, which received over 500 entries from different sectors all over the UK, recognised the best people management practices across the Investors in People community, including top workplaces, best bosses and highest achievers. The 15 categories recognised Excellence in Leadership and Management, Reward and Recognition, Social Responsibility, and Most Improved Organisation, amongst others.
The full winners are as follows:
- Best Newcomer – S J Hutchinson
- Best School/Business Partnership – Agrico UK
- Champion Award for Excellence – Chelmsford City Council
- Employer of the Year (2-49 employees) – McFarlane Telfer
- Employer of the Year (50-249 employees) – CliniMed SecuriCare
- Employer of the Year (250+ employees) – Glasgow Housing Association
- Excellence in Leadership & Management – Riverside
- Excellence in Reward & Recognition – Las Iguanas
- Excellence in Social Responsibility – Wilmott Dixon Partnerships
- Excellence in the Public Sector – Crossrail
- Excellence in Work Life Balance – Allstate NI
- Leader of the Year – Martin Armstrong (Glasgow Housing Association)
- Most Innovative People Strategy – Helena Partnerships
- One to Watch (Most Improved Organisation) – Sandwell Women’s Aid
- 2014 Overall Award – Glasgow Housing Association
Investors in People is the UK’s leading accreditation for business improvement through people management, and provides a wealth of resources for businesses to innovate, improve and grow, with a focus on good people making great business.
Paul Devoy, Head of Investors in People, said: “We were overwhelmed by the number and calibre of entries received for the inaugural Investors in People Awards. It’s fantastic to see so many organisations nominated, demonstrating great people management practice and a commitment to staff development. Our winners should be extremely proud.”
For more information about Investors in People please visit www.investorsinpeople.co.uk.