As in everyday culture, organisational culture is all about values. To a large extent, culture dictates what we think, how we are influenced by those around us and how we behave, whilst happiness is a pleasing emotional stateRead More
Author: Paul Russell
When dealing with the complexities of myriad personalities from ground to board level, attempting to implement strategy and policies, championing initiatives, managing conflict and motivating employees, influence is surely the crème de la crème of skills; if people are HR’s resource then influence is the resource of HR’s. But achieving influence is a delicate tightrope walk of precision and accuracy, lean too much one way and you veer to coercion and manipulation, veer to the opposite side and weakness and inefficiency await.Read More
Increasingly HR professionals are exploring the relationship between concepts such as well-being, personality and stress with workplace performance. And with emotional intelligence in particular being linked to not only better performance, but to job satisfaction, development of effective work relationships, greater workplace loyalty, enhanced firm revenues and overall job role advancement and success, it is not hard to see why.Read More
You’ve delivered the presentation, your attendees are busy scribbling away at the evaluation cards, what do you think they are writing? ‘Dynamic speaker, kept me interested, learnt a lot’, or perhaps a rather less encouraging ‘the biscuits were good’. Making presentations to external organisations, delivering workshops to new starters, conducting seminars during company training days; presentation skills are particularly relevant for the HR professional. However, not all of us are naturals at bringing others on board for the journey and keeping them interested along the way. At the heart of being effective at imparting information that others retain is engagement, here are our top tips to engage your audience.Read More
Forthcoming HR WebinarsClick on a topic to reserve your seat!
Recent HR WebinarsWatch the recordings free. Click on a topic to register.
Recent Comments on Stories
- An employment tribunal has ruled that a former law lecturer was unfairly dismissed by the institution she worked at… https://t.co/jRGU0udVQY, Mar 5
- New research shows an upwards trend when it comes to the amount of employees who feel that their work output is bei… https://t.co/dMY6E5WMWE, Mar 5
- After Chancellor Rishi Sunak unveiled his plans in the new Budget this week, he has faced criticism for failing to… https://t.co/ShxRAV199b, Mar 5
- How have the various sectors reacted to the Chancellor’s 2021 Budget after a year which completely overhauled the w… https://t.co/Gr1YDUz9sX, Mar 4
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced the Budget to the House of Commons yesterday (3rd March), vowing to provide sustai… https://t.co/wEmHD5zWrX, Mar 4