With almost 800,000 newly qualified graduates and postgraduates having entered the UK workforce this summer the question of their employment looms large. Last year 20,000 graduates were unemployed six months after leaving university and a third took jobs in “non-professional” roles that didn’t require degrees.Read More
Author: Ian Symes
In a recent report from Mumsnet it was revealed that six out of 10 women feel having children has had a negative effect on their career. The research also found that nine out of 10 women agreed that there exists a ‘motherhood penalty’ which stalls women’s careers. These numbers make for disappointing reading to anyone who wants an enthusiastic female workforce.Read More
According to figures analysed by the House of Commons library, up to 50,000 women a year feel they...Read More
Forthcoming HR WebinarsClick on a topic to reserve your seat!
Recent HR WebinarsWatch the recordings free. Click on a topic to register.
Recent Comments on Stories
- Has your office Christmas party been cancelled this year? on
- ‘I would say 90 per cent of contractors fall within the IR35 rules’: Stephen Ratcliffe, partner at Baker McKenzie law firm on
- MP presents bill for businesses to publish their gender pay gap data on
- Over half of UK would support a ‘maximum wage’ due to COVID-19 on
- A new report sets out recommendations for the Government to introduce the "college of the future" by 2030, a critic… https://t.co/CmNHHE628e, Oct 30
- The Government has issued plans which would require pension providers to "nudge" savers to seek guidance from Pensi… https://t.co/K63M9TIcbn, Oct 30
- According to new research by Resolution Foundation, an independent think tank, young people and ethnic minorities w… https://t.co/R24VKWB8gV, Oct 29
- The transportation company Uber has been taken to court by drivers who were allegedly fired through the company's u… https://t.co/ZFbn45i3L6, Oct 29
- As many as one in every three apprentices have learning difficulties or disabilities, many of whom have not yet bee… https://t.co/1ImLl4WJKS, Oct 28