Are you still with me on this mission to prevent burnout and perform without crashing and burning? How are you and your team doing with step one: taking a break? Well, here is a break right now, sit back, breathe, relax and enjoy your read!Read More
Author: Florence Parot
Last time we explored how even a few seconds off during the day could make a difference to your energy levels and I was urging you to take a break, to just go ahead and do it.Read More
I left you in my last article with the burning question (pun intended) of how to detect the signs of potential burnout. As I mentioned last time, once in burnout, it takes 12 months to recover enough to be able to get back to work so this is no idle question. If detected beforehand, it is not just the person’s life that could feel a lot different but the whole bottom line of the company that will be affected, especially if that person is key personnel.Read More
A friend of mine who works in an HR managerial capacity was told last year at her performance review that she was doing amazingly well but they were a bit worried that she did not look stressed enough. Just what does that tell us about what is happening nowadays in the corporate world? We may be talking about wellbeing at work but in reality, we still think that if someone is not buzzing around round the clock, they must be faking it. Where are the times gone when if you were around after 5pm you were not considered efficient enough? That is something the French used to be jealous about. In the French world, nobody has ever been finished by 5pm except civil servants. So could we be saying that nowadays the English are behaving just as badly as the French? Mince alors.Read More
Forthcoming HR WebinarsClick on a topic to reserve your seat!
Recent HR WebinarsWatch the recordings free. Click on a topic to register.
Recent Comments on Stories
- New research by the think tank Resolution Foundation states that the pandemic is set to lower wages by £1,200 each… https://t.co/Ynq8aZHJk2, Nov 27
- With only 34 days left until the end of free movement of EU nationals to and from the UK, HR must prepare soon for… https://t.co/qjS1mXfzWM, Nov 27
- Less than half of UK employees were 'moderately satisfied' with the digital HR tools that their company provides, a… https://t.co/MxfWVgxUj8, Nov 26
- COVID-19 could be causing a significant problem for diversity and inclusion initiatives with women twice as likely… https://t.co/0bmBlO6qR7, Nov 26
- As part of the Spending Review, Chancellor Rishi Sunak has announced a scheme costing £2.9 billion which aims to he… https://t.co/GwlKGz7YdD, Nov 26