Legally speaking, internships are somewhat of a grey area. Are the interns volunteers who fall outside of the National Minimum Wage Regulations or are they actually ‘workers’ who do not? Generally, if an intern is shadowing and...Read More
Author: Charlotte Mepham
Defending a claim in the Employment Tribunal is an expensive business for an employer (£8,500...Read More
Forthcoming HR WebinarsClick on a topic to reserve your seat!
Recent HR WebinarsWatch the recordings free. Click on a topic to register.
Recent Comments on Stories
- "Vocational skills will never be equal to academic qualifications unless businesses make it happen." #HRnews… https://t.co/De9ZYvZs3M, Oct 23
- The former leader of the House of Commons, Mel Stride, has said the "dreaded" IR35 tax rule should be abolished.… https://t.co/ExcsUOTCx9, Oct 23
- Yesterday (22nd October 2020), Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced new changes to the Job Support Scheme (JSS) which w… https://t.co/maWDO0kXCY, Oct 23
- Professionals warn that a "perfect storm" is brewing within the employment tribunal system due to rising demand as… https://t.co/HjD6OS1AVS, Oct 23
- Over 80 per cent of talent professionals have stated their belief that virtual recruitment will continue even once… https://t.co/LvSgVBDsui, Oct 22