Staff churn is a costly exercise and disruptive to business and customer service. Employee desire to change jobs can be due to a number of complex factors but there is no doubt that learning opportunities ranging from vocational skills through to soft skills such as language and communications competencies can help to create and maintain employee loyalty and drive richer career development opportunities throughout the organisation.Read More
Author: Armin Hopp
Delivering learning and development to young people in the workplace can be challenge – especially if those in charge pre-date the internet generation. Millennials will make up half the workforce by 20201 and they will expect social and mobile learning platforms as a matter of course. As organisations become increasingly international, learning and development professionals have a key role to play in providing the language and communication skills to underpin that.Read More
Communication is key to business success, but this can prove problematic when firms operate across borders. For Global Mobility schemes to become more successful HR professionals have to set about tackling the language skills gap.Read More
Companies increasingly operate internationally and have communications needs across borders. A number of factors hamper effective communication skills development and research reveals that this is less about technical issues and more about human factors.Read More
Business agility is vital in the fast-moving international marketplace we face today. Organisations need to be able to place skilled staff around the world as new opportunities arise and new customers are won. Employees are no longer siloed in static roles but are resources enabling their organisation to compete effectively by creating new teams and cross-skilling rapidly.Read More
Forthcoming HR WebinarsClick on a topic to reserve your seat!
Recent HR WebinarsWatch the recordings free. Click on a topic to register.
Recent Comments on Stories
- Over 80 per cent of talent professionals have stated their belief that virtual recruitment will continue even once… https://t.co/LvSgVBDsui, 16 hours ago
- Just under three-quarters of UK CEOs state that HR analytics were key to enabling strategic decision-making.… https://t.co/1i8Hepz33P, 19 hours ago
- The British multinational clothes company, Next, has been taken to court by its employees after claims that the com… https://t.co/bOoOv4lgPj, 20 hours ago
- New research shows that men expect annual salaries of £41,615, on average, whilst women's expectations of annual sa… https://t.co/qI591RaLnq, Oct 21
- In August, the Bank of England predicted that job losses in the UK would hit a peak of 7.5 per cent. However, a pol… https://t.co/LPfs1Dt9Qs, Oct 21